During year one, collaborate with the CEO, Board of Trustees, and Resource Development Committee to design a fund development plan that increases revenue to support SOPHE’s strategic direction.
· Develop and maintain infrastructure for SOPHE’s development department which reflects ethical fundraising practices, including policies, procedures and software.
· Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
· Implement the fund development plans in accordance with non-profit laws/regulations and ethical fundraising principles
· Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
· Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and work with SOPHE staff on the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
· Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
· Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
· Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts.
· Work with staff responsible for maintaining data entry of relevant donor information, contact/meeting mores, address updates, gift processing, etc.
· Provide board/volunteer education on fund development principles and strategies and Foster an understanding of philanthropy.
· Proactively recruit, train and supervise interns and volunteers to meet the development needs of the organization in lieu of resources to hire paid staff
· Staff the Resource Development Committee.